Monday, October 19, 2009

Nevada, Loving the Desert Ride, I-15

October 19th, 2009

Nevada is a good state for a car ride. The weather and heat can have a bearing on how enjoyable such a ride is to many, I'm sure, however. Personally, I really enjoy the desert rides and if there are Joshua Trees along the way - as there is in Nevada - the desert ride is even better. There are alot of cool places to see in the desert, especially if one is driving a pick-up type of truck or SUV that allows greater access to off-road regions of the desert. Watch out for any rain, if you are off-road, get back to the road and avoid any washes if it should begin to rain on you while in the desert. Believe it or not, it is said that most deaths occur in the desert as a result of drowning - so watch out for rain fall and dont take anything for granted when isolated in the middle of nowhere in the desert.

If you are to ever ride in Nevada, I suggest waiting until after dark to approach Las Vegas. Vegas is most impressive in the dark when all the lights illuminate the sky and the enormity of the city is clearly shown.

This roadtrip I only drove along I-15 and some city streets of Las Vegas. The construction on Vegas city streets can really be a disruption to moving about the city. Interstate 15 was in "ok" condition and I give the state a grade of "B-" for its roadways, from what I know of them.
AVT