Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Kansas, Enjoyable Times, More Hawks, I-70

October 15th, 2009

Driving across Kansas was a lot of fun. The weather eventually became nice. Kansas seems to be home to friendly folks. The women of Kansas, or at least those with whom I interacted, seem especially out-going and friendly. In retrospect, however, I wish I had stopped to see the Annie Oakley museum, the biggest prairie dog exhibit, and the six-legged steer exhibit. The Wizard of Oz related tourist attractions and wineries also piqued my interest. Maybe next time I will be able to visit those places. Kansas is another state settled by familiar ancestors, btw.

For this trip, only Interstate 70 was driven, both toll and non-toll portions. Kansas roads were in great condition and receive a grade of "A", from what I saw of them.
AVT