Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Why are the Pine Trees Dying?

April 11th, 2010


If one takes a ride nearly anywhere in our nation, they may notice the large numbers of pine trees apparently dying alongside the roadways. Someone in Colorado once told me why this is happening, but I can’t remember. Does anyone out there know why all the pines are dying along the interstates?

Adam Trotter / AVT



Afterword: August 2nd, 2011
I have since been in contact with several state agencies concerning what is happening to the trees alongside the roadways of our nation. I have been given several possibilities as to why the trees are undergoing such distress - parasites, roadway salts, harsh winters, drought, etc. I will return to update this as soon as some type of general consensus can be relayed.


Sept. 29, 2011
I believe I have zeroed in on the reason for all the pines (and other assorted) trees dying throughout our nation. I don't think many will be happy with what I have deduced! Please stay tuned until I have time to revisit this matter soon with an updated blog entry. Thanks.



March 31st, 2013
Some time ago, I posted a follow-on blog to this entry.  See:
Burning Ethanol Fuels Killing Trees? (Draft Copy)